Merging functionality

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Hi Nick! So I pushed my inline part editing code, and what was immediately awesome is that the tinymce editor worked right away!
The next step I guess would be to remove some of your functionality (not all, we need the tinymce editor alive :)). Perhaps we could keep using your "edit" icon, instead of the "edit" link I have.

Right now, when I hover over the different parts, they disappear. I didn't check what's causing that effect yet. Perhaps you could have a look at that?

For now, I have the following todo items (also on Trello, posting it here for convenience):

1. We need to test if it works with projections (Sipke)
  2. We need to test if it works with fields added to parts (Sipke)
  3. Support for "publish later" button (see "opt-in" note from Bertrand: "We discussed the save buttons, deciding to include the same buttons as in the full admin, but with a more compact style. There are parts that are non-visual on the front-end but may still be useful to edit from the front-end, such as publish later. We decided the driver for those parts could opt-in for front-end editing by adding a specific flag to the shape they generate." (could use your help with that!)
  4. show edit button / glyph on hover (Sipke)
  5. show border / outline on hover (Sipke)
  6. implement security (only authenticated & authorized users should be able to edit content) (Could use your help with that!)
  7. Bertrand's post on CSS bleeding (Sipke)
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2009/04/14/css-isolation-there-has-got-to-be-a-better-way.aspx

I appended our names to items to divide workload, but you're free to do whatever you want!

Let's see if we can get all of this done for a new demo next week?

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2012 at 9:46 PM

This is a good to-do list above. We also need to rip out original implementation.